10 Tricks to Make Your Moving Easier
The process of moving into a new dwelling is a rather time and energy consuming process. A lot of things should be done in no time. There are hundreds of items that should be transferred without being broken. Even the only thought about moving can cause stress and frustration. Fortunately, there are some life hacks that will help you to make moving as easy, quick, and comfortable as possible.
- Value your time. In order not to break or lose something in a hurry, it’s better to start planning the moving beforehand. The key dates are to be marked in your schedule. For instance, you can make notes like “December, 25 – Start Packing”, “29, December – find and arrange moving company”.
- Painless packing. If you hire professional movers they can easily pack all your belongings in a couple of hours. Otherwise, you have to think over the packing process. You will need cardboard boxes, plastic containers, color markers, and tape. The best way to keep order is to label packs. You shouldn’t forget to mark fragile items.
- Take photos. The pictures will help you to find the necessary items faster. Need your bed, sofa or bookshelf assembled? The photos are perfect hints which make the process of reassembling furniture painless.
- Prepare “essentials” boxes. Along with packing, the unpacking is also nerve-racking activity. It’s almost impossible to put everything on the right place within the moving day. In order to have all necessary personal care products or documents at hand, they should be packed into special “open me first” boxes.
- Get rid of useless and unneeded items. If you have not used any elements of the house utensils, it’s better not to relocate them. In case if it grieves you to throw out things, you may donate them.
- Entrust the relocating to professionals. Nowadays there are many professional movers who can help you to make the relocation as easy as possible. You have to pay attention to the license of the company and look through the contract carefully. The list of services usually includes packing and unpacking, loading and unloading, furniture disassembling or reassembling, Assistance setting up home services and utilities, etc. If you hire a trustworthy and experienced company, you’d have no problems even with traffic jams or parking. The movers will do everything for you.
- Divide the duties. Even the kids can take an active part in relocating. You have to define the duties of each family member in advance. Then the relocation will go faster and easier.
- Insurance is important. There are always a possibility to break or lose something while moving. In order not to fall short of money, you’d check your insurance coverage.
- Don’t forget to change your address. You have to notify of your relocation the utilities and companies if you don’t want to stay without the Internet or water supply.
- Keep calm. Shouting or crying does not work. It will not help you to relocate faster. On the contrary, it leads to extra time and efforts. It’s better to stay cool and control the process.
To conclude, it should be noticed that moving always open new opportunities. The change of residence is an ideal chance to make your life more interesting and exciting. That’s why the moving is worth to be enjoyed.